The new year is a time for reflection, and in this blog, we are going to take a look back at some of what we learned about sinus and allergy issues in the past year. Hopefully these resources will provide you with what you need to transition into 2017 totally sinus free!
What causes allergy/sinus problems?
- A Beauty Products Allergy: Not Just Skin-Deep
- Are You Allergic to Fragrance?
- Bust Your Dust Mite Allergy
- Fall Allergies and Your Child
- Food for Thought: Food Allergy vs. Food Intolerance
- How the Pollen Count Is Measured
- Recognizing Anaphylactic Shock
- Recurring Respiratory Infections in Children: Can It Be PIDD?
- Scratching Out Skin Allergies
What’s all the hype about gluten?
How can I treat allergy/sinus problems?
- Allergy Shots: Yea or Nay?
- The “Anti’s” of Antihistamines
- Are Corticosteroids Safe for Long-term Use?
- The Downside of Decongestants
- How to Sooth a Sore Throat
- Is Honey The Bee’s Knees of Allergy Treatments?
- Is Ibuprofen Right for a Sinus Headache?
- Is the Flu Shot for You?
- Nasal Irrigation: Friend or Foe?
- Should You Drop Your Allergy Eye Medications?
- Should You Take an Antibiotic for Sinus Infections?
- Should You Thumb Your Nose at Nasal Sprays?
- What is Sublingual Immunotherapy (SLIT)?
More allergy facts:
- 5 Common Mistakes That Make Allergies Worse
- Allergy Myths: The Truth Is Out There
- Cold Weather and Colds: Facts and Fiction
- The Real Costs of Allergies: Medications
With all of the resolutions you are going to make for the new year, why not make one that will put a permanent end to your allergy/sinus suffering? Call CT Sinus Center and schedule an appointment with one of our expert physicians to see what we can do for you. Our philosophy of patient-centered care will put you at ease the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave (even if you need a procedure). First, we’ll sit down with you and discuss your symptoms before doing thorough diagnostic testing to see exactly what is triggering your condition. Afterward, we’ll develop an individualized treatment plan that fits your specific lifestyle. You may even be a candidate for one of our two outpatient procedures, both of which will permanently end your suffering in around an hour:
- Balloon Sinus Dilation, which will reshape your nasal passages, promoting draining and natural healing.
- Turbinate Reductions, in which the tissue in the nose that supports the nasal passages is decreased, decreasing the size of the turbinate and quickly increasing airflow.
Call 860-BALLOON to schedule an appointment at one of our four conveniently-located offices, and breathe easy into the new year.