Allergy symptoms aren’t to be taken lightly, we know this by now. About 50 million people in the US alone are affected by allergies; ranging from pollen, grass and mold, and even food. Another 29.4 million are affected by chronic sinusitis. People are constantly looking for ways to get to the root of their sinus problems and put an end to them, which includes taking over-the-counter medications designed to treat symptoms. Some folks, however, tend to take a more holistic approach with alternative medicine: They see chiropractors.
How do chiropractors and chiropractic medicine impact sinusitis and allergies?
Chiropractors are health professionals who generally focus on adjusting and manipulating the spine, usually to relieve back pain for patients. Their belief is that adjusting the spine can do wonders for the body, nervous system and consequently, allergies. The medical, as well as overall, community is divided on the success of chiropractic treatment for sinus and allergy issues, but there are a few things that are certain:
- Does not target allergies specifically
- Does not offer a one-time solution
- Does not have science-based evidence for success
- Poses risks for the patient, including:
- A herniated disk
- Compression of nerves in the lower spinal column
- A certain type of stroke after neck manipulation
How can I permanently end sinusitis and allergies?
For some people, going to chiropractors are an integral part of self-care. However, if you are looking for a permanent relief from your sinus or allergy issues, consider a non-invasive, medicine-free solution that can be done in about an hour. Also, consider that when it comes to sinus conditions, there are no more knowledgeable doctors than those at CT Sinus Center.
When you first come in, our team of sinus experts will thoroughly discuss your symptoms. Next, through our patient-centered philosophy and up-to-date diagnostic tools, we will pinpoint what is causing your sinus issues and develop the right treatment for your lifestyle. You may even be a candidate for one of our two outpatient procedures, both of which will end your discomfort in around an hour:
- Balloon Sinus Dilation, which will reshape your nasal passages, promoting draining and natural healing
- Turbinate Reductions, in which the tissue in the nose that supports the nasal passages is decreased, decreasing the size of the turbinate and quickly increasing airflow
Are you ready for sinus relief?
Call 860-BALLOON to schedule an appointment at one of CT Sinus Center’s four conveniently-located offices — Kent, Litchfield, Shelton and Waterbury — and stop getting bent out of shape over sinusitis.