If you’ve experienced chronic sinusitis, you fully understand the debilitating impact it can have on your quality of life. Stop suffering! CT Sinus Center offers a non-invasive, in-house procedure called Balloon Sinus Dilation that can put a permanent end to your chronic sinusitis and get you back to enjoying life in just under an hour.
What is chronic sinusitis?
There are two types of sinusitis: acute and chronic. Acute resembles a cold and will go away on its own unless it turns into a bacterial infection, for which antibiotics are necessary. Chronic, on the other hand, doesn’t respond to rest and medication, and as the name suggests, recurs regularly.
In order to be diagnosed as having chronic sinusitis, you must have at least two of the following symptoms:
- Drainage of a thick, yellow or greenish discharge from the nose or down the back of the throat
- Nasal obstruction or congestion, causing difficulty breathing through your nose
- Pain, tenderness and swelling around your eyes, cheeks, nose or forehead
- Reduced sense of smell and taste
What is Balloon Sinus Dilation?
The procedure is done in-office under local anesthesia. One of our expert physicians will slide an inflatable tube into your nasal passages. As this happens, you may feel a little pressure, but no pain. When the balloon is inflated, it provides your doctor with the opportunity to drain your nasal passages using a sterile saline solution. This balloon helps open the sinus passages, decreasing the risk of your condition returning.
What are the procedure’s benefits?
The benefits of Balloon Sinus Dilation include:
- Long-term relief
- Minimal downtime and recovery time
- Increased airflow in nasal passages
- Promotes draining and natural healing
- Decrease in headaches
- Non-invasive procedure done under local anesthesia
Want to know more? In this CT Style segment, Dr. Laughlin explains the full Balloon Sinus Dilation procedure and its benefits. But you don’t just have to take our word for it — the following patient testimonials say it all:
Am I a candidate for Balloon Sinus Dilation?
If you are experiencing the above symptoms, as well as the following, you are a perfect candidate for the procedure:
- Chronic sinus headaches
- Regular facial and sinus pain
- Repeat sinus infections that don’t seem to respond to medication
- Regular dizziness and disorientation as a result of sinus pressure
When you first come in, our team of sinus experts will thoroughly discuss your symptoms. Next, through our patient-centered philosophy and up-to-date diagnostic tools, we will pinpoint what is causing your sinus issues and develop the right treatment for your lifestyle. If you are a candidate for Balloon Sinus Dilation, we will do everything we can to make sure you are prepared, calm and comfortable throughout your whole experience.
Call 860-BALLOON to schedule an appointment at one of CT Sinus Center’s four conveniently-located offices — Kent, Litchfield, Shelton and Waterbury — get the permanent sinus relief you’re looking for.